Friday, April 22, 2011

Master Bedroom - Happy One Year Anniversary!

I love our master bedroom! It is bright, relaxing, clean, and sentimental.

Before: Here's a picture of our old apartment's master bedroom. Our old bedding was pretty, but it was scratchy. Our bed didn't have a headboard and that was one of the first projects I wanted to tackle for our new master bedroom..
Before: Here is the blank slate.
After: Here is our master bedroom now! Our new bedding is cheery, crisp, and comfortable.
I made the headboard out of plywood, foam, batting, a table cloth (that's the fabric), and some button makers. I made matching white pillows to go with the headboard. I love my headboard because it is classic, classy, and affordable.

Here's my favorite piece of furniture... my great grandmother's vanity.
One of my future summer projects is painting the room a light gray and making some thick gray draperies. John and I can't wait to have curtains, because the sun wakes us up at 7:00 AM!
A recent addition to our room is the blue recliner that used to be my mom and dad's.
Instead of bedside tables, we have two small bookshelves. They are great for storage and they display our parents' and grandparents' wedding photos that we displayed on our wedding day.
After the addition of drapes and light gray walls, our master bedroom will finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment