Dining Room Table and Chairs: I just LOVE my dining room! John found this dining room table and six chairs for SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS! He found the table on Craig's List and compared to all of the prices for the other dining room tables, this one was a steal! We drove almost an hour to look at it and it was a hunk of junk. The chairs looked as though someone took a bat to them and then set them outside for 15 years to be weathered and worn. When we got the table and chairs home, I couldn't believe what I got myself into. I sanded, stained, and polyurethaned the tables and chairs. I put new padding and recovered the seats of the chair too. It was a long project, but it was well worth it.
Polka-Dot Curtains: My mom came down for a week and taught me how to sew. It was a hilarious and interesting learning experience. For the first time in my life, I saw my mom be a perfectionist like me. I often call my mom a hippy, so to see her perfectionist side was really weird. She made us measure a million times and amazingly enough we still made mistakes. :) It was very special to learn how to sew from her. We made two different adorable curtains and lots of great memories while she was in town. It was a blast! These red and gold polka-dot curtains with gold fringe are absolutely adorable. They make a huge statement in the dining room and show my fancy and fun side all at the same time. I just love them! Thanks mom for all of your help! I am addicted to sewing now and I'm creating lots of new crafty sewing projects.
BEFORE
AFTER
My favorite thing about my dining room is that I can fit my family of eight all around one table!!!
Wow - I had only seen the "after" chairs, but to look at these pics of the "before" impresses me even more. Great work, Katie. You have so much talent.
ReplyDelete