Tuesday, March 22, 2011

April's Room (The Guest Room)

My best friend and college roommate, Hessie (April), is coming to live with John and I this summer. We are thrilled to have her live with us and I am already mourning the fact that this with probably be the last time I live with her. John and I talk about Hessie coming all the time. John refers to her as "our summer vacation". I can't wait!

Well, I couldn't let Hessie sleep in our previous guest room, it wasn't special enough. For my birthday, John let me redo the guest room. I got a new quilt, curtains, and some art work. We painted the walls a light and cheery blue. I painted and reupholstered a chair too. It looks great now and John calls it "the best room in the house".

All I have left to do is get a new lamp for the bedside table and give the bedside table a fresh coat of paint.

Here are the before pictures...




Here are the after pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment