Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living Room

Our living room is kinda like the random catchall for the house. The maroon couch and chair is on loan from my aunt. The bookshelf was an apartment warming gift from my parents for my first apartment. The coffee table is a hand-me-down from my parents. I stained the top and painted the bottom black. The desk is a hand-me-down from another aunt and the chair is from my brother. The standing light was an apartment warming gift from my mother-in-law. This is one random room, but I love it!
It has always bothered me that we never did any living in our living room. It pretty much was a wasted space. I wanted to fix that problem, so April, John, and I moved one of our two hand-me-down desks downstairs into the living room. We put our hand-me-down desktop computer on the desk and now we just need to get something to make the computer wireless. The desk is in a cheery spot to work, because it is right in front of a window looking out to my garden. Now, I feel like this room is a lot more practical!
I have to say that I love this room, because it makes me think about all of the family members that passed something along to me.
I laugh just thinking about all of the random things in this room! :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks so cozy. The painting above the couch is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete