Monday, August 22, 2011

Classroom - Writing

I love helping my kids become a strong writer! Even more than that, I love teaching my kids to love writing! Here is a picture of my new writing center.

Here is part of my Writing Wall. I have the Writing Process Poster, Editing Marks, and the Six Traits of Writing.
Mom (and I) made this adorable Writing Process Pencil. I saw it on Pinterest and I commissioned mom to make it for me. The students will move their clothes pin as they move through the writing process. Also, it will help me keep track of who I need to edit with.
Another great writing tool I have this year is this interactive synonym wall. On the pockets, there are simple words. The pockets will eventually be filled with note cards that have better words for the students to use.
I forgot to take a picture of my author's stool, but that is another great motivator for my students.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful classroom. Your students are so lucky to have Mrs. Shing as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete